IEEE INSTRUMENTATION PROJECTS-AIR COMPRESSOR CONTROL USING PLC:
- Being a hazardous industry refineries are supposed to be controlled by pneumatic devices. The applications and usage of electrical driven motors may increase the risk of sparking or fire in a refinery.
- In order to avoid this problem the refineries use pneumatic operator valves. It means the control valves which are operated on the application of the instrument air. They are called air operator valve(AOV).
- Initially the plant is being controlled by solid state logic which is not up to the expectation i.e. reliability was not so high and because of this the availability of the machine is also low.
- Hence, in the proposed project we use a programmable logic controller with a suitable ladder logic configuration is used to find a solution for this particular drawback.
- To provide limits for moisture content in instrument air;
- To provide limits for entrained particle size and oil content in instrument air;
- To reduce corrosive or toxic contamination entering the air system through the compressor suction, plant air system cross connection, or instrument air connections directly connected to processes;
- To establish air standard supply pressures (with limit values) and operating ranges for pneumatic devices;
- To provide ranges of pneumatic transmission signals used in measurement and control systems between elements of systems. It includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Pneumatic controllers
- Pneumatic transmitters and information transmission systems
- Current-to-Pressure transducers
- Pneumatic control loops;
Components to be controlled:
- Knock out drum
Hence this post is very useful to final year enginnering students to decide their project titles.For more detail about the project in various fields such as Mech,EEE,EIE,Civil and CSE/IT visit our site newprojectideas.
To view a engineering Wireless & Network related project,